Santa Cruz de Tenerife is a port city located at north Tenerife, which is very attractive for both visitors and residents, that tend to visit this municipality in the island due all the activities you can do and the places to visit there.
It has a well conserved historic part that mixes amazing with all the modern buildings and facilities that this ancient Tenerife’s city has achieved.
Here well tell you all the things you can do in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, so you can activities you can do on it.
Contents of this post | Find what you want!
What can you do in Santa Cruz de Tenerife?
Due all the activities and places you can visit, is important to categorize each one of them so you can consult the information in an easier way.
You can choose between visiting places and appreciating the history and beauty they have or simply you can go to Santa Cruz and take advantage of the young life it has.
Parks and plazas in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Here there are 4 of the main parks / plazas in the city.
- Cesar Manrique Maritime Park: It is a leisure complex made by the architect Cesar Manrique, which is a space with approximately 22000 square meters where you can fin: Pools (with sea extracted water), gym, restaurants, playroom, hot spring jacuzzi, zone for kids and more. Cesar Manrique Maritime Park is an amazing place to activities you can do in a cheap way, with enter tickets that have a range between 1,05 Euros and 7,30 Euros.
- Spain’s plaza: The biggest plaza not only in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, but in the canary archipelago. Built in 1929, Spain’s Plaza has become in a space to simply get relaxed and take a look to this beautiful city. It has a big marble fountain, as well as a large pond.
- Garcia Sanabria Park: Large garden area that was built simply to give the zone a recreation zone for the visitors and residents to enjoy its facilities. This is one of the most emblematic symbols in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, where you can take a walk and enjoy the exotic flowers, hidden sculptures in the trees and enjoy the fresh environment you can breath there. Garcia Sanabria Park has an incredible extension of 67300 square meters, which is a lot to meet within its paths.
- Candelaria Plaza: This is a small space located right next to Spain’s Plaza, where there are located many known and emblematic buildings in the capital. In this plaza is possible to find the monument called triumph of the candelaria (in spanish “triunfo de la candelaria”) which is one of the main monuments in the city, that is dedicated to la candelaria virgin, patron of the canary islands.
Other places of interest in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
There are other kind of places you can find in this municipality.
As there are A LOT, we have organized for you 5 of the most remarkable.
- Tenerife Auditorium: Building devised by the architect Santiago Calatrava Valls, which is the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra’s headquarters, as well as other artistic events such as theater plays and concerts. The auditorium’s design has made it an emblem for Santa Cruz de Tenerife, being the civil most modern building in the city. As a curious fact, this building was visited by US ex president Bill Clinton in 2005.
- Nature and Man’s Museum: Exhibition project inaugurated in 90’s that has the biggest collection about guanche culture in the world. It is also an outstanding example of the neoclassical architecture in the island, as well as a knowledge center for the cultural richness in the island.
- Palmetum: Botanical garden with over 12 hectares of extension that is specialized in palm trees (has nearly over 600 species). Palmetum is a big ecosystem within its walls, having also incredible views to the ocean that are commonly highlighted by its visitor. There are also lakes, streams, cascade system and other stuff.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Port: One of the main economic incomes from Santa Cruz and Tenerife in general comes from this commercial port, where there are passengers, fishing related jobs and also sport activities. This is the principal port in the whole island, and there is possible to find a very active environment due all the activities that are done there.
- Tenerife Space of Arts: Architectonic complex with over 20622 square meters that serves as home for distinct organizations such as: Oscar Dominguez Institute, Tenerife island’s photography center and the central municipal library. Within this space there is also possible to find an auditorium, restaurant, store, public plaza and others.
Restaurants in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Going to Santa Cruz de Tenerife and not eating is to waste an amazing opportunity of tasting high quality food.
Some of the restaurants that you can find in the area are some of the most popular and recognized in the island, well, the gastronomy there is very acclaimed by residents and visitors.
Here we give you a short list of three restaurants that you can visit in Santa Cruz.
San Sebastian 57
Gourmet restaurant specialized in mediterranean and general spanish food where you choose from a large wine collection to taste, as well as other possibilities such as executive menus, variety in meats and fishes, and too much more.
Differently to other restaurants with these characteristics, San Sebastian 57 has a great quality price relation, with also a professional team with a great attention and a good environment.
It is located in San Sebastian 57 Avenue, 38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife and it opens from monday to saturday in the following horary:
From 13:00 to 17:00 and then from 20:00 to 24:00.
El Porron Tasca Andaluza
Gastronomic place specialized in andalusian food, so all the dishes served there are inspired in that culture. It also counts with a very cozy outdoor environment that makes the experience much better.
They define themselves as a tapas bar, and can be found in Antonio Dominguez Alfonso ST, 36, 38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
El Porron Tasca Andaluza has the following horary:
From Tuesday to Thursday: From 12:30 to 23:30
Friday and Saturday: From 12:30 to 2:00
Sunday: From 12:30 to 16:30
Sushi bar with sake menu in a cozy place with with original wooden walls and sliding paper doors to give a complete japanese environment.
Kazan is commonly defined as an innovative concept with tasty and well presented japanese dishes, where the attention is a remarkable aspect.
Kazan Sushi bar is located at 38002 Santa Cruz de Tenerife and has a unconventional schedule for a restaurant, which goes this way:
Mondays: From 14:00 to 16:00
From Tuesday to Saturday: From 13:30 to 15:30 and then from 20:30 to 23:30.
If you want to book or ask more information about them, you can call to 922 24 55 98.
Beaches in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Contrary to activities you can do, there is only one beach in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and it’s called “Playa de las Teresitas”.
It is located in San Andres town and is obviously, the most recognized and activities you can do in this municipality. It is very known for its high umber of palm trees in its extension, as well as its calmed waves. However, it also counts with a breakwater for those seasons in which waves are higher.
You can find many basic services in the beach such as:
- Restaurants in the area
- Access for the disabled
- Sunbed rental
It’s important to remark that it has over 1300 meters of extension with its golden sand and is highly recommended to go with the family.
There are a lot of things to do in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, so it’s impossible to get bored in such magical place in Tenerife.
Maybe is a little bit hard to go to all the places mentioned. However, we recommend you to make a list with those that catched more your attention and start your own tour through the city!